Wednesday, January 23, 2008

some of my favorite verses and quotes


What God arranges for us to experience at each moment is the holiest thing that could happen to us.
~Jean-Pierre Caussade, an 18th century writer

this quote makes me feel all cozy and safe. i often get so caught up in trying to control my life... and i mean everything in my life. if you sit back and think about the fact that God is in control and he love us soooooo much and wants us to be happy, well, that means even the junk that we go through is intended for our good. when i let go i become surrounded in holiness. ahhh... to just stop for a second and let that sink in. it's amazing.

The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised.
~Job 1:21
job's story means so so so much to me in regards to our daughter Faith. both this quote and the song "blessed be your name" have been my strength so many times. we played this song at Faith's memorial service and i will never forget the peace that i had during this song. i remember sitting in that front row with my eyes closed and my hands raised. God was so close... i could feel his presence in me and surrounding me. i'm convinced that there is no peace like that in the world apart from Him.

jonah and i heard this song on the way home from my Bible study group this morning. it always brings a smile to my face and i always tell jonah about his big sister and how it's her song whenever we hear it.


Can I sing about my maker

And have you not roll your eyes

Can I weep about my savior
And the way he died

I know it don’t make sense

To those who ride the fence

But I’m sold out to Christ, yeah

~Jimmy Needham, Fence Riders
this is an excerpt of the lyrics from jimmy needham's song fence riders. the first time i heard this song i was in the car. when i got home i immediately had to run inside and google it. i've never heard it on the radio again since then and at the time i only caught a few of the lines, but when i read the lyrics... it's really inspiring. how do people view me and my faith? does it really matter?



Faith makes things possible, not easy.

i don't really have an explanation for this one. it's just truth. so there you go.

God is looking for spiritual fruits, not religious nuts!
it's funny 'cause it's true.

A fool finds no pleasure in understanding but delights in airing his own opinions.
~Proverbs 18:2
this one i should get a tatoo of as a reminder to just shut my mouth sometimes. i talk too much and listen too little. two ears and one mouth, lisa.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." ~Jeremiah 29:11
this verse is my very favorite verse in the Bible. i meditated on this verse so much after we had Faith when we were trying to get pregnant again. we tried for months and months and months and during that time the enemy kept trying to strip me of hope. i was starting to believe the lie that Faith was it for us. that we wouldn't be able to have any other children. so in those dark moments i clung to this verse knowing that God had a plan for my life. that his plans were not to harm me, but to bring me hope and a future.

No comments: