ok folks, i have some exciting stuff going on over here! i don't even know where to start. i've moved my illuminate relaunch date back to march 7th... a significant date for multiple reasons. i feel like using bullet points today so here's why march 7th is so awesome in neat and tidy bullets...
- it's faith's 4th birthday (she was born in 2005)
- it's the date i quit my "real job" at aramark in 2007 after we had jonah so i could stay home with him (he was 6 months old)
- and now 2 years later (2009) it will be the date of my business's relaunch! so exciting!
and since i'm so into bullet points tonight we'll just continue with this theme...
i feel like i have SO much to do before my big go date in 43 days from today! but i'm feeling quite a sense of accomplishment as i looked back tonight over everything i've already done since the beginning of the year...
- got an EIN number
- joined the PPA
- officially became an LLC!
- opened business checking & savings accounts
- got a business credit card
- hired a CPA
- got organized! yay! you should see my neat and tidy binder and file drawer. it almost makes me swoon with happiness.
- handled all of my tax paperwork
- got set up to be able to accept credit cards
- set up a fedex account with a nice discount through the PPA
- set up an office max account for some nice discounts, again through the PPA
- and my big exciting news for today... i hired a graphic designer to design my logo! (which btw i looooooove! thank you brooke!) i can't wait to unveil it... soon, very soon!
- complete & turn in my application for equipment insurance
- complete & turn in my application for liability insurance
- write out a business plan and a marketing plan (including client perks)
- update my portfolio with new images
- revamp my website with new logo and colors
- possibly get a flashy new flash site for more wow factor
- figure out (and this is a big one) who all of my product suppliers are going to be and what products i am going to offer
- order samples of said products with my updated portfolio images
- contact past clients to find out if they would like to order any of these products that i find so i could see them and photograph them
- figure out my new package pricing and what's all included
- figure out and order packaging, postcards, new business cards, moo stickers and other marketing materials
- figure out an email marketing program/website to sign up with and import my client database; design exciting relaunch email newsletter thingy
- set up website analytics
- oh yeah... and take care of a 2 year old and not forget who i'm married to and continue with my Bible in a year reading program (which 23 days into the year i am still keeping up with - yay!) and of course all of the other fun stuff i do in my regular everyday clark kent life
here goes. are you ready?